Friday, November 14, 2014

Mixed Media Tag



Oh, this is so far out of my comfort zone!  I lean to the CAS side of card making so this is a bit of a stretch for me.  I've been following along with Stamping with Loll's  Twelve Tags of Christmas and loving all of them, dreaming that I could force myself to layer things, splatter things, cut things and add things.  This is my attempt.  I first made a very clean version of this about 13 years ago, and it's probably been done to death,  but I think it's so cute and it was something familiar to "add to"





















I was happy to find a gold pop tab in amongst my silver ones to use as Santa's belt buckle!

Thanks so much for Looking!
Karen



3 comments:

  1. Hi Karen. This is AWESOME!! LOVE your Santa jacket ... fabulous design and lot of texture with the belt, buckle and fur trim ... so cute and clever!! LOVE the repeat work background and your splatters of gold. Great job on a mixed media tag ... so glad you decided to go for it. And a great idea to take a familiar CAS design and add some fun elements. I'm a CAS girl at heart ... so it's taken me a while to get comfortable with mixed media. I still lean a lot to the CAS mixed media style :) Thanks so much for playing along with my Christmas tag event! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun tag ..... love Santa's jacket with the fur trim, so cute! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh what a fun and festive tag this is! I love your background and I love, love the fur trim on Santa's jacket. Your belt buckle is fabulous and clever. Yep, I love this tag! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete